Effective mentoring is a powerful enabler of effective teaching and improvement of practice. Mentoring requires a specific set of skills and attributes, related to but different from those of an effective teacher. This programme supports the development of the skills, knowledge and dispositions of an effective mentor and is suitable for those mentoring provisionally certificated teachers (PCTs) or student teachers as well as those working with their teams to develop effective practice. The expectation is that participants use the skills developed in the facilitated workshops putting them into practice between sessions.
This programme will:
- explain the requirements of the Teaching Council for induction and mentoring of PCTs and for maintenance of full certification.
- share a range of strategies, including inquiry, to develop an effective induction and mentoring programme and learning culture in your centre.
- outline how teachers may be supported to effectively and efficiently evidence their practice referencing the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
- developing the skills of observation, feedback, learning conversations, facilitative questioning, assessing evidence and goal setting.
- strengthen reflective practice and share strategies to support others to adopt a reflective stance.
Attendance at all sessions is required.
It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching can help.