inspirED ECE is an independent professional learning provider.
We pride ourselves on delivering high quality, research-informed professional learning programmes and support to early childhood teachers and leaders. Enhancing outcomes for children is central to all that we do. Therefore, our core purpose is to support teachers to improve practice so that they can more effectively contribute to quality outcomes for the children and families with whom they work.
Directors, Barbara Watson and Bridgit Williams previously worked together in The University of Auckland’s professional learning team. When this was disbanded, they wanted to continue to serve ECE teachers and inspirED ECE was created in 2014. inspirED ECE has been contracted by the Ministry of Education on a number of projects. Barbara and Bridgit have also worked extensively with the Teaching Council and its predecessors, facilitating on projects throughout New Zealand and contributing to the development and piloting of the Standards for the Teaching Profession.
How we work
- We spend time building our understanding of your centre and the community you serve
- We collaborative with leaders and teachers to establish goals for professional learning
- We use a ‘design and build’ methodology to ensure that programmes are tailored to the unique context of your service
- We actively facilitate teachers’ ability to articulate and evaluate practice
- We aim to provoke thinking, motivate teachers and inspire positive change
- Longer programmes allow time to embed learning into practice resulting in sustainable change.